Monday, March 28, 2011

Critical Reasoning Basics

Although, I did not fare as I expected in my GMAT , I'm going to go ahead and post my flashcards here,as I promised myself. I hope it is useful to someone.

I started the Verbal Section with the Critical Reasoning(CR) part. Mastering this section gives us a good hold over the Verbal Section and also helps us improve in the Reading Comprehension part of the Verbal Section.

There are a fixed type of questions that are askedd in the CR portion and mastering these questions by types is the best thing to do.

Note - I used the Powerscore CR book for my CR. A brilliant book and all my notes here are based on the book. Please don't sue me for any copyright issues, I'm just paraphrasing the book and my understanding.

Good Luck!

The following are the question types for CR
1.Must be True questions
2.Main point questions
3.Method Of reasoning questions
4.Flaw in Reasoning questions
5.Parallel Reasoning questions
6.Strengthen/Support the argument questions
7.Find the assumption questions
8.Resolve the paradox questions
9.Weaken the argument questions
10.Evaluate the argument questions

In the next post, I shall start targetting each question type.


SOURCE: Critical Reasoning Bible

No comments:

Post a Comment