Saturday, January 22, 2011

Week 4

Having taken a CAT some time back, I realized that my Reading Comprehension Skills are very low. I got all except one question right in my last Practise CAT(duh,terrible isn't it?). This is the reason for my total score to dip.I will be dedicating this week to Verbal RC and a few chapters in CR. Just so that I am in touch with the Quant part of test, I'm going to finish the review of the Foundations of GMAT Book this week alongside Verbal review. This is the book that I am referring to. Please note that this book is absolutely optional and does not even have great reviews written in the Amazon store. However, I'm reviewing the book since I want to score very high on the test. But,Infact,I found the book pretty useless except for the fact that it was a quick Math refresher to all concepts that we are expected to know on the GMAT such as Word Problems, Prime numbers(ahhh,I get stuck here), Equations, Probability etc.

And,by the way, one important tool that is giving my studies even more direction is the use of an Error Log. Many GMAT forums such as beatthegmat and gmatclub have always advocated one, but, I personally never had used them. Now, I'm using one during my prep. I tried to use the various MS excel versions that we have available(for free) over the Internet but they did not work for me. I spent 1/3 rd of my study time for entering the data in those worksheets. So, here's what I do: I maintain a plain,simple notebook and pen . I write down the questions that I get wrong and the concepts that I need to reinforce for the wrong questions. This is proving pretty helpful for me.

Ok,so back to study now - Happy GMATing to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Agree - too much time would otherwise be spent on maintaining an error log. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for ur comment. Good Luck to you too :)

    ReplyDelete